Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Social Media for Social Interaction

I have experienced a lot of social media activity lately that unfortunately has contradicted my concept of social media. My definition of social is "pertaining to, devoted to, or characterized by friendly companionship or relations." I previously wrote a post at http://toddthigpen.blogspot.com/2009/03/personalize-your-linkedin-invitations.html that addresses the problem of sending the standard text provided by LinkedIn as the only content of invitations to me. These invitations from people I don't know are not constructive, and I consider them unsociable. I'm not saying that I only accept invitation from people I know, but give me a reason if I don't know you to accept the invitation. Furthermore, the reason should be sociable and not some unauthentic pitch.

No comments: